The world according to Xavier

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Why blog?

Why should you blog? If you got something you're selling or something you want to promote (like affiliate programs) then you should definitely blog about it. I for example are blogging about domain names, hosting and other webmaster related stuff at the Xavier Media blog where I'm publishing most of my posts is packed with ads for my companies products. By blogging you also show your new and existing customers that you know at least something about your area of expertise (you're blogging so you must know at least something about what you're writing ).

Posting quality articles in your blog is also a fantastic SEO technique since the search engines will find your blog posts. When I'm posting something new in one of my blogs I usually get an email from Google Alerts that Google has crawled my new post in less then 15 minutes from the time of posting. That's really impressive and also something really good for your company (the more quality pages the search engines got about you and your company, the bigger chance new customers will end up on your site ).

So how do I start blogging? Well, it's easy. There are several free services out there on the Internet like Blogger and Wordpress, but I prefer to use my own domain name for my blogs instead of subdomains to domain names owned by someone else. That's because then I can move my blog anywhere I like and I can also do whatever I like with the blog. It's also better to use your own domain name when you're building your own brand or trademark and it looks much more professional.

When you register a domain name for as little as $1.99 at eXavier.com your also get a free blog ("QuickBlog").

/Andreas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home